The Land of the Northern Lights. A whirlwind adventure of Southern Iceland, from cool city streets to rugged mountains. From the inviting Blue Lagoon to erupting geysers. From thundering waterfalls to the elusive Northern Lights. See the best Iceland has to offer.
- Reykjavik: explore Iceland’s colourful capital
- Blue Lagoon: unwind and rejuvenate in the mineral-rich waters
- Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss: Iceland’s iconic waterfalls
- Reykjanes Peninsula: Remote edge of Iceland, home to hot springs, rugged hills and mountains, and rural villages
- Hella: spend two nights in this stunning countryside
- Eyjafjallajökull: where a roaring volcano hides beneath the glacial surface
- The Golden Circle: a once-in-a-lifetime route, complete with geysers, Gullfoss falls, and Thingvellir National Park
Day 1 | Reykjavik
Welcome to Iceland! Your adventure begins. Once you’re transferred from the airport to your hotel via Flybus transfer, the rest of the day is yours to explore!
Day 2 | Hella & the Blue Lagoon
Reykjavik – Reykjanes Peninsula – Blue Lagoon – Hella. Your morning starts with a tour of Reykjavik, Iceland’s charming capital. From there, we’ll head out of the city to the breathtaking Reykjanes Peninsula. Think quaint fishing villages, hot springs, and striking mountains. Now, we’re headed for Hella, but not without a rejuvenating stop at the Blue Lagoon. Don’t worry, we’ll reach our accommodation before darkness falls. And once it does, we’ll head out to the garden and wait for the Northern Lights to appear.
Overnight: Hella | Breakfast
Day 3 | Grumbling Glaciers and Roaring Falls
Hella – Eyjafjallajokull – Skogafoss – Black Lava Beach – Hella. Today is about the sheer force of nature’s power – what makes Iceland, Iceland. The rumbling volcano of the Eyjafjallajökull glacier. The plunging Seljalandsfoss and thundering Skógafoss waterfalls. The stark black sand of the Reynisfjara lava beach. You’ll see it all. Later, there’s an optional hike on the shimmering Solheimajokull glacier, where you can take in the enchanting icy scenery. We’ll be back in Hella before it gets dark. It’s your second chance to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights – keep your eyes peeled!
Overnight: Hella | Breakfast
Day 4 | Geysers and Gullfoss on the Golden Circle
Hella – Golden Circle – Reykjavik. This morning, we’ll start the journey back to Reykjavik via the breath-taking Golden Circle. Along the way, you’ll see bubbling hot springs and geysers at the Geysir geothermal greenhouse. Its famous Strokkur geyser erupts every 10 minutes – don’t miss it! Further inland, we’ll pass the mighty Gullfoss waterfall and through the rugged Thingvellir National Park. This once-in-a-lifetime drive ends in Reykjavik. Once you’re checked in, your final evening is free for you to explore or join an optional evening cruise to spot the Northern Lights one final time.
Overnight: Simple hotel in Reykjavik | Breakfast
Day 5 | Reykjavik to home
And just like that, our tour comes to an end. Enjoy your final morning in Iceland however you wish, before your Flybus transfer to the airport. We’re sure you’ll be back soon.
- Airport transfer (arrival & departure) by bus
- Transportation in heated coaches, with free Wi-Fi
- Entrance into the Skogar Folk Museum and Turf Houses
- Entrance to a Northern Lights programme: evenings of lectures, presentations, films, and guided searches for the Northern Lights. Midnight refreshments also included here
- Tour is operated in conjunction with trusted partner and you will join travellers from different operators
- Standard: 4 nights in simple hotels and traditional cottages
- English-speaking Icelandic guide
- Entrance to the Blue Lagoon
- Entrance into the Icelandic Horse Stables and Geothermal Greenhouse
- Use of winter and Northern lights explorer equipment